Distinguished Educational Authority
George Washington University recognizes the importance of maintaining the approval of independent academic and professional agencies. We believe the ever-rising standards of education benefit our students, faculty and alumni as we strive to retain our position as a trusted authority, partner and educator of innovative health care.
Our online masters programs are fully accredited and designed to give working professionals the education needed for advancement into more specialized roles upon completion. The award-winning faculty here at GW is comprised of the most authoritative and respected leaders in the field.
National Rankings & Recognition:
- GW’s School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) is the 11th oldest medical school in the country and the first in the nation’s capital.
- Ranked the No. 56 Best National University by U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 Best Colleges Rankings
- Ranked the No 32 Best College for Veterans by U.S. News & World Report’s Best College Rankings
- Ranked No 64 Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report’s Best College Rankings
- Ranked among the Top 100 Best Medical Schools by U.S. News & World Report
- GW’s Graduate School of Education and Human Development ranks as the No 16 Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 rankings.
- Home to the “Most Politically Active” students in the nation according to the Princeton Review’s 2017 “Best Colleges” guide
- Ranked No 47 Best Research Universities in the nation by Forbes 2017 College Rankings. GW students have research opportunities with nearly every federal agency in America, as well as numerous multilateral groups, including the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, National Institutes of Health, National Institutes of Standards and Technology, the Naval Research Lab, Pan-American Health Organization, Smithsonian Institution and the World Bank, just to name a few.
- Nine GW alumni currently serve in the 115th U.S. Congress. These GW graduates represent constituents from eight different states and U.S. territories.
- Host to 107 endowed faculty positions and is recognized among the top producing institutions for Fulbright Scholars, with more than 79 serving within the university’s ranks.
- For 11 consecutive years, GW has been recognized as a top-5 provider of Peace Corps volunteers among medium-size universities—and has held the #1 spot five of those years.
- Through its Access and Success initiative, GW is committed to increasing access to higher education with partnerships with organizations such as POSSE Foundation and Say Yes to Education.
- The largest institution of higher education in the nation’s capital
- On the approved list of the American Association of University Women
- Alma mater to more than 250,000 alumni, located across more than 150 countries
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, a regional accrediting agency
- Accredited by the AACSB, providing students with one of the best health care MBA and business programs
Discover GW’s Online Graduate Programs
Take the next step in your career with an online masters from George Washington University. Click here or call (844) 386-7323 to learn more about our programs, admission requirements, faculty, or accreditation.