Redefine Quality Care
Created in partnership with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), the online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) in Health Care Quality was developed for patient safety and quality leaders to advance their career and meet the growing demand for patient-centered, quality-based care. Offered through the George Washington University’s (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences’, the online MSHS in Health Care Quality teaches students the skills to lead developments in healthcare quality while successfully navigating safety improvement challenges in local and global markets.
The Master’s in Health Care Quality incorporates an interdisciplinary, practice-based curriculum to prepare individuals with healthcare experience for leadership roles in quality-based healthcare. Graduates of this program gain the knowledge and skills necessary to redefine quality care, including:
- Healthcare leadership and organizational change theories and principles
- Collaboration and safe practices within healthcare teams
- Risk assessment in patient safety systems
- Navigating environmental changes affecting the healthcare enterprise
- Health policy development, implementation and measurement
Why Students Choose GW’s MSHS in Health Care Quality Program?
- Extensive Networking Opportunities: Through online connections with our expert faculty, students gain access to the vast resources for healthcare and quality from the heart of Washington, D.C.
- Practitioner Faculty: Learn from a faculty of experienced practitioners and administrators from across the healthcare field.
- Curriculum Developed by Industry Practitioners: GW’s online MSHS in Health Care Quality, created in partnership with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), prepares professionals with the evidence-based training necessary to meet global and national patient safety and quality goals.
- Rigorous Curriculum: Program courses focus on implementing quality and patient safety improvement initiatives; facilitating organizational change toward a quality-focused culture; translating national quality expectations into daily operations; evaluating processes and tools to measure, analyze, and interpret quality improvement data; and utilizing information technology systems to support quality assurance.
- Learning Environment of Excellence: This online graduate program uses the latest educational methods and technology to cultivate change in health administration, quality improvement, and patient safety leadership.
Click here to see what GW’s students are saying about the online MSHS in Health Care Quality.
What Will I Learn?
Designed to support excellence in quality improvement and patient safety leadership, GW’s online MSHS in Health Care Quality equips graduates with the practical knowledge and skills necessary to effect positive organizational change, apply risk assessment methodologies and navigate challenges in patient safety systems within the healthcare setting. Graduates of this program will have the experience and confidence to:
- Develop, implement and evaluate quality and patient safety improvement initiatives.
- Lead healthcare management organizations in developing a patient-centered, quality-driven culture.
- Translate national quality expectations into daily operations.
- Apply quality improvement processes and tools to measure, analyze and interpret healthcare data.
- Design and implement information technology systems to support quality assurance.
- Conduct research to drive clinical and operational decision-making.
Improve Population Health Through High-Quality Healthcare
GW’s online MSHS in Health Care Quality prepares students with the practical skills to lead quality and assessment in a variety of healthcare environments including private and public healthcare organizations. Through an interdisciplinary approach and practical application, students are provided with a broad base of expertise from data management and analysis to clinical research and organizational leadership. Typical positions held by healthcare quality professionals include:
- Clinical Director, Quality Services
- Director of Quality Management
- Healthcare Administration Manager
- Healthcare Quality Analyst
- Quality & Safety Specialist
- Quality Assurance Consultant
Click here to learn more about a career in Health Care Quality.
Online Health Care Quality Graduate Programs
GW offers two online Health Care Quality graduate programs. Students have the option to choose from either the Master’s or Graduate Certificate program. The Health Care Quality certificate program consists of 18 credit hours, all of which are transferable to the Master’s program – allowing students to seamlessly matriculate into the Master’s in Health Care Quality.
Click here to learn about the online graduate certificate program.
Build a Network of Quality Care Leaders
With roots in the NCQA and GW’s close proximity to D.C., the online Health Care Quality graduate programs offer unparalleled opportunities for our students to make career connections with leaders in the field who are identifying issues and creating meaningful change in the healthcare system.
Become a Change Agent for Quality Care and Patient Safety
Contact an admissions advisor today at (844) 386-7323 or click here to request more information.