Lead Healthcare Organizations to Better Patient Care
The George Washington University’s (GW) online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management prepares healthcare professionals to take the next step in their healthcare leadership career through learning the skills of day-to-day operations in today’s complex, health-service delivery.
With this flexible online program, with low faculty/student ratios, you’ll learn what it takes to lead a healthcare delivery system that is clinically effective, cost efficient, and improves overall patient care and safety. With a focus on population healthcare, you’ll learn ways to improve your own communication skills for optimal interprofessional practice, lead efforts in quality improvement, and understand the technological tools needed to conduct effective data analyses for strategic development.
When you complete the Master’s in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management program, you’ll be able to pursue a clinical operations career in a variety of healthcare and related health organizations.
You’ll also learn the skills and knowledge necessary to sit for the Project Management Professional exam—a certificate that can set you apart from the crowd, and give you a boost in earning potential.
GW also offers a Graduate Certificate in Clinical Operations and Health Management.
MSHS Program Details
- Modality: Fully online
- Total credit hours: 36
- Total number of courses: 11 core courses and 3 credits of electives
- Program completion: Two years (part-time)
- Residency requirement: No on-campus residency or coursework
The online Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management master’s degree program leverages distinguished faculty, innovative curriculum, and real-world experience. You’ll gain the comprehensive skills you need to succeed in the field of clinical operations, so when you graduate, you’ll be able to:
- Communicate effectively across a variety of platforms to optimize interprofessional practice and operations
- Evaluate healthcare systems to enhance ethical, efficient, and financially sound operations
- Conduct effective data analyses for operational and strategic development in the healthcare setting continuum
- Lead efforts to continuously improve the quality and value across healthcare operations
- Improve organizational performance in healthcare organizations by successfully implementing change management
- Apply the knowledge and skill necessary to sit for the Project Management Professional exam
What Can You Do With an MSHS in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management?
- Utilize your knowledge and skills to prepare for the Project Management Professional Exam.
- Be a critical player in operational and strategic development for healthcare organizations.
- Advance to leadership positions in healthcare delivery such as a director of clinical operations, clinical manager or supervisor, chief operating officer.
When you complete the master’s in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management, you’ll have gained the knowledge, experience, and skills to pursue positions such as:
|JOB TITLE||2018 MEDIAN SALARY|
Director of Clinical Operations
Vice President of Operations
Source: Glassdoor, March 2018
|Sample Course Offerings|
Human Resource Development
Leadership and Change
Introduction to Community Health
Finance for Healthcare Operations Specialists
Informatics for Operational Leadership and HCQ
Healthcare Systems Operations
Applications in Clinical Operations and Health Care Management
- No GRE Required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A background in healthcare is strongly recommended, but not required
- For international students, submit your official score of one of the following exams:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
Discover Your Future in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management
To learn more about the Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management master’s online program, contact an Admissions Advisor today at (844) 386-7323 or request more information.